Columbus and Vojvodina Rhizome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stout Man

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a Columbus rhizome? I've heard that hop union is the keeper of this hop. I haven't been able to find a Vojvodina rhizome as well. Any help would be great.

freshops is taking orders now. Dave has Zeus, which is much like Columbus & Tomahawk. No Vojvodina though.

I saw the ypsilantibrewing.com site. They had a lot of rhizomes that I wanted. I tried to email them and then call them. Email was fail and the phone number ended up being some hotel. lame.

I checked out Zeus some more and it looks great. It just contains 20-30% more myrcene than the Columbus, giving it more citrus taste and floral aroma. Nugget is still similar to Columbus. So far I'll have 6 Nugget mounds, 2 roots each. After that I am getting one root each of Cascade, Crystal, Mt. Hood, Chinook, N. Brewer, and Fuggle. I'd like to get one more rhizome from fresh hops to go with the Zeus, any suggestions?

Does anyone know about the Vojvodina hops? I ordered a rhizome of these from freshops in early March and am curious what they'll be like.

Does anyone know about the Vojvodina hops? I ordered a rhizome of these from freshops in early March and am curious what they'll be like.

Originally developed to replace the landrace Backa, a lower alpha noble aroma hop; thus far the variety has not been accepted by the world hop trade and acreage remains very limited.

Sounds like a higher AA noble hop sub.

Back