Coleman mash tun build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayupbrewing

Reaction score
Here are pics from my mash tun build...its a 70quart coleman cooler with CPVC manifold and sparge arm. Silicon tubing is used to connect the HLT to sparge arm and from the cooler outlet to the BK with an inline valve to control flow to the BK. I used brass barb fittings. I also used a foil covered piece of polystyrene that sits on the ridge halfway down the inside of the cooler to reduce headspace and reflect heat.

DSCF3192.jpg

DSCF3195.jpg

DSCF3200.jpg

DSCF3202.jpg

DSCF3206.jpg

If you use a CPVC "street 90" you can fit the silicon hose over the end of it and you don't even need to use a brass fitting then.

Holy Overkill batman! Looks spiffy! Post results then we'll talk.
Works great! 1°F temp drop over an hour. No leaks. No expensive ball valves. No stuck mashes. Easy to clean. I can even swap out the 4 corners of the sparge arm for slightly longer ones to allow it to rest on the coolers upper edge when doing 10G batches. I think thats a success...

Only thing I would change would be less holes in the sparge arm.

If you use a CPVC "street 90" you can fit the silicon hose over the end of it and you don't even need to use a brass fitting then.
I think I decided on the brass nipples for extra grip when it gets hot in the mash - didn't want a stuck sparge!! Figured may as well do same on sparge arm...

Latest posts

Back