cold plate location

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crossbarx

Reaction score
Do you think I should chill after the water goes in carbonator? My plan was to chill the tap water through the cold plate prior to entering the Mcanns Carbonator, but I am worried that the water sitting in the carbonation tank will warm to room temperature after it passes through the cold plate. What if I run my water into carbonator and then through the cold plate before going to the bar gun? Will water that is around 50 degrees going into the carbonator still get carbonated adequately before going to the cold plate to be chilled further?

If I remember right, the carbonator runs at 100psi or so. That should more than adequately carbonate 50°F water. You want to run it through the cold plate after carbonation so that a) it's served cold and b) you won't lose as much carbonation dispensing cold carbonated water as you might serving warm carbonated water.

If you're unsure, this might help.

Latest posts

Back