Cognac bottles for bottling wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ameflorenti

Reaction score
I started making fruit wines (dandelion, rubarb, berries) and will need to start thinking in bottling a few months down the road. I have access to just drank botlles of cognac from a restaurant and was wondering what you guys think about storing the wine there. The corks on those bottles have a platic top and fits nicely without dripping if put sideways. corks have the scent of cognac but that can be a plus on a dandellion wine i thought. any thoughts on this?

Point! but I guess i was looking into easy, ready & working solution... the other bottles i can get are screwtops and there are forum threads on that... people seem to use them too sucesfully but there are also serious arguments again... i guess i will try with some cognac and see what happen

you can get new corks for those bottles they are often called T-top corks. I have seen them at some homebrew supply shops

Remember that wine is ruined by oxidation- so tasting corks or other corks won't really be good for your wine. The bottle itself would be fine, but reusing a non-airtight seal/cork would ruin the wine pretty quickly.

Back