Coffee water profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rlawlyes

Reaction score
Does anyone adjust their water profile for making coffee? If so, do you use the same for cold brew as well as hot brew?

RO and DI are great sources to start from, but they do need a little bit of alkalinity to help take the bite out of the coffee acridity. A bit of baking soda is effective in supplying the alkalinity and sodium. The sodium does help slightly with sweetness perception. Sorry, I don't have the dose, but its not much.

usually when i'm drinking coffee my eye lids are barley open...so no, i don't want to calculate pH, and molar ratios at 5am.....

usually when i'm drinking coffee my eye lids are barley open...so no, i don't want to calculate pH, and molar ratios at 5am.....

This ^
Personally I just use filtered (we use commercial Brita to reduce Chlorine) for my morning cup, gladly we don't have any issues with hard water. Probably it's not the best solution, but it works for me and missus and well, I admit that we are not cofemaniacs.

Back