Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer Coffee Break (beirmuncher's centennial blonde with coffee!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sputnam

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Yeast Starter
no
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
85+
Color
straw
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
2 weeks
Tasting Notes
freakin awesome....makes a perfect summer afternoon delight.
This is my first recipe post. I just HAD to share cause it's so dang tasty and I've gotten tons of help from this site. I hope you like it.
I did a batch of Beirmuncher's Centennial Blond, doubled the hops and added some cold brewed coffee to half of it. I coarsly ground 1/4 cup of french vanilla coffee beans and added 1.25 cups cold water and steeped overnight. I filtered out the beans and dumped that into a 2.5 gallon keg. I can't imagine that it could be any more perfect but next time, I will make more coffee and taste it as I keg. Oh, I also swapped some of the 2 row with sugar for a little more dryness.
Obviously, use whatever type of coffee you like and whatever quantity you want...this is just a starting point.
Shout out to Beirmuncher for a light refreshing brew and Wicked Weed Brewing for the idea of adding coffee to an IPA!

While you've stated what you changed, any chance you can post your recipe? Because this sounds damn tasty!

I didn't post the recipe cause it's very easy to find, however, since you asked, I will make it even easier....

****5 Gallon Batch****

Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Size: 6.57 gal
Estimated OG: 1.040 SG
Estimated Color: 3.9 SRM
Estimated IBU: 21.5 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.0 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount
7.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM)
0.75 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM)
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM)
0.50 lb Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM)
0.25 oz Centennial [9.50%] (55 min)
0.25 oz Centennial [9.50%] (35 min)
0.25 oz Cascade [7.80%] (20 min)
0.25 oz Cascade [7.80%] (5 min)
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) (Hydrated)

Mash at 150 degrees for 60 minutes.

I didn't post the recipe cause it's very easy to find, however, since you asked, I will make it even easier....

Sorry for the confusion on my part.

Doubling the hops is easy to calculate, my questions were regarding swapping 2 row for sugar and that you said you added coffee to half.

• What was the swap ratio of 2 row to sugar?
  • If you added coffee to half, then I imagine I would use 1/2 cup of french vanilla coffee beans and added 2.5 cups water for a 5 gallon batch?

Thanks.

i removed a pound of 2 row and used a pound of sugar...this is completely optional. I just thought it would get me a slightly lower FG.

yes to 1/2 cup beans and 2.5 cups water for 5 gallons.

evidently it is far easier to know what you mean than to try to figure out what someone else means. I will try to be more precise next time. Let me know how you like this when you brew it.

i removed a pound of 2 row and used a pound of sugar...this is completely optional. I just thought it would get me a slightly lower FG.

yes to 1/2 cup beans and 2.5 cups water for 5 gallons.

evidently it is far easier to know what you mean than to try to figure out what someone else means. I will try to be more precise next time. Let me know how you like this when you brew it.

Thanks, man. Much appreciated!

Back