Coffee beans...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomdip5

Reaction score
So I am brewing a russian imperial stout. I added wood chips soaked in whiskey. I want to now add hazelnut coffee beans. How would I go about adding them (crush them up, turn them to liquid?)

Thanks!

The best bet would be to grind them up and make a strong coffee with a french press, then add that to your secondary. Maybe a day or two before you bottle/keg. There are other ways but this will give you the most bang for your coffee and not give you a nightmare of waiting for the coffee grounds to settle.

Depends what you want out of the coffee....Grind up and rack to secondary will work...that will give some of the bitterness

If you want aroma and flavor and no bitterness make a cold brew coffee and add that ....Imperial stout should have lots of roast already....so remember you can always add more as you go...if you add too much you can't take out

Yeah the beer is just sitting in the secondary right now, the whiskey chips have been in there for about 2 weeks. They are in a cheese cloth. All I want out of it is a hazelnut flavor. Or should I just add Frangelico?

Back