co2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikev3704

Reaction score
Do yall reccomend the co2 tanks inside the fridge or outside? I have been keeping my co2 bottle inside and notice the pressure inside of my tank dropping pressure.

No. I do not have a leak. My pressure out side the fridge is 1000 psi and inside it drops to 600 psi.

If its not leaking outside its not leaking inside. PSI change is due to temp drop. All is good.

Cool.. thanks. New to kegging on my 3rd batch on kegging. A guy at work said the cold temp would mess my regulator up, is that true?

My regulator is right next to the plate in my mini fridge that sometimes freezes and I haven't had any trouble.

The cold won't mess with your regulator...just the co2 pressure in the tank.
It will not effect the serving pressure once you have it set. The benefit of having it outside the fridge are more room, and no rusty keg if its not aluminum.

No. I do not have a leak. My pressure out side the fridge is 1000 psi and inside it drops to 600 psi.

this is normal. the tank pressure isn't that important. Most of your volume is liquid and the gauge only reads the pressure in the gaseous headspace which is small and will change drastically with temp change.

Co2 tanks act like propane tanks, not like o2, argon or nitrogen tanks which are actually pressurized gas.

Back