CO2 tubing from McMaster Carr???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly765

Reaction score
http://www.mcmaster.com/#5180k17/=xfoot6

Looking to replace some of my "red" co2 tubing with something that is a bit more flexible at low temps....is this a good choice?

Also wondering on the clamping situation (compression fittings?) want to use a simple worm clamps, nothing requiring special tools....

I'm placing a order with McMaster Carr for some O rings and might as well upgrade my co2 lines in the same shipment...

Thanks

I'm guessin' you saw this in the text, yes?

"You'll get superior resistance to stress cracking along with flexibility at low temperatures."

You just wondering if others had used it?..............:D

After watching some videos with guys using poly tubing...the poly tubing doesn't look as flexible as the red stuff.

The McMaster-Carr stuff is rated for 245 psi. I'm guessing it's not very flexible.

But I could be really wrong.

yes, that tubing in the link does not look to be a good replacement if you are looking for flexible.

why not go with smaller diameter pvc tubing? I personally use 3/16'' ID x 3/8" OD, and I find it a good compromise (I also use it for my beerline and use john guest connectors for almost everything now)

Latest posts

Back