CO2 Tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

+HopSpunge+

Reaction score
I want a bigger gas tank. Thier is a guy selling cheap used big tanks in the classifieds. How do you no what was in the tank before (poisonous gasses?). Or are all co2 tanks supposed to be used for just co2 there whole lives? Or don't woory about it because the gas place purges them or cleans them or somthing when I get filled?

I want a bigger gas tank. Thier is a guy selling cheap used big tanks in the classifieds. How do you no what was in the tank before (poisonous gasses?). Or are all co2 tanks supposed to be used for just co2 there whole lives? Or don't woory about it because the gas place purges them or cleans them or somthing when I get filled?

I have some old SCUBA tanks I tried to have filled w CO2 and Productos de Aire (large industrial gases company I normally use) here in Guatemala would not do it. Usually here regulation is pretty lax and you can work out another solution, but they would not budge. I assume that in the USA this would be even less likely.

This of course is not w'out good reason...mixing up gases could be catastrophic.

I'm pretty sure CO2 is the only thing that can legally be put in the tank. And in a lot of cases the tanks are just exchanged so the tank he sent me will stay at the supply company and I'll get one of theirs...

Back