Co2 tank question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satt8404

Reaction score
I recently purchased a kegging kit from AIH, and I had a question about the co2 tank. I went to my local brew shop today and exchanged the tank that came with the system since it was empty, and I don't seem to be getting any pressure out of the new tank. I'm just wondering if the lady there gave me an empty tank on accident? I looked at every video I could find, as well as read up on it, and I'm pretty sure that I have everything hooked up right. Even if I open the pressure without anything attached to the tank, nothing happens. I've obviously never used a kegging system before, so I feel like I might be missing something simple. Thanks.

If you open the valve with nothing attached to the tank it should spew Co2. Looks like they sold you an empty.

Yep empty, the weight of the tank is stamped on the neck of the tank, that weight + lbs of co2 should be a full tank. AKA you can weigh your tanks to check for how full it is.

Call them, and take the tank back.

That happened to me one time. (I don't keg, but I use co2 in my planted aquariums.) They checked the other tanks that size, and found one was empty and another was half empty and definitely leaking. That location deals mostly in 5lb tanks, and moves very few 10lb tanks. So they had three leaky 10 lb tanks, sitting there for who knows how long, leaking.

Latest posts

Back