• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Co2 splitter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soccerRef

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Im looking for a 4 way Co2 Splitter. Figured I would see if anyone has something laying around they are looking to clear out for a decent price.

if not anyone know the cheapest place to get a quality one?

thanks

I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but maybe someone can shine some extra light while on this topic.

I've been looking at manifolds for a while. Is it better to use barb or MFL?
MFL cost a bit more because of the extra connectors needed.
The barbs are more permanent, and it's harder to remove the gas lines from for cleaning. But then again, unless beer flowed back into them, there is little need for that.

Some manifolds are all brass. The 2 companies quoted have aluminum manifolds with brass fittings. Any advantage to either system?

Birdman Brewing Company is a HBT sponsor with good splitters and good prices.

Farmhouse Brewing Supply is another sponsor with good splitters and almost-as-good prices. (Close enough that it would depend on if you needed something else and could co-ship.)

Thanks for the direction. Guess I should have known to look in the vendor/sponsor section first. Had never checked out either of those 2 companies. I nice new 4 way splitter and 20ft of gas line is headed my way!

IslandLizard said:
I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but maybe someone can shine some extra light while on this topic.

I've been looking at manifolds for a while. Is it better to use barb or MFL?
MFL cost a bit more because of the extra connectors needed.
The barbs are more permanent, and it's harder to remove the gas lines from for cleaning. But then again, unless beer flowed back into them, there is little need for that.

Some manifolds are all brass. The 2 companies quoted have aluminum manifolds with brass fittings. Any advantage to either system?

I happen to have barbs. The benefit there is that, once you have them connected and leak-free, they're going to stay that way. The problem is you will always have those lines attached, even if you're not using them.

For example, I have a 5 tap kegerator with 3 kegs in it (at the moment). So I have 2 gas lines sitting in my kegerator, getting in the way. If I had a MFL distributor, I could disconnect those 2 lines.

The other benefit to MFL would be the ability to swap different length gas lines. You may need different lengths depending on having cornies or commercial kegs. Or you may have a beer gun or fermenter or other "temporary" accessory that you wanted to hook up.

TL;DR: get barbs if you're going to bolt the distributor down and then not mess around with gas lines; otherwise, go MFL if you can afford it.

Back