CO2 regulators for beer and seltzer water combo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elohwhydee

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up a carbonation system that will allow me to carbonate 2-3 corny kegs of water/juice, with the ability to extend the system for home brewing in the future. My thought was that I would get a dual gauge, dual outlet primary regulator (set at 30-40 psi), where one outlet would go to a four way splitter for the water/juice/beer charging, and the other outlet would go to a secondary regulator/splitter and serve the beer. Does this sound reasonable? Any specific recommendations for which equipment to pick up? Cheaper the better, I have a $300 budget for the tank, primary reg, splitter, and connections (excluding the secondary reg). Thanks in advance!

I have a keezer. I have a tank and regulator that I have had for many years.

The tank sets outside the keezer and is set to 35 PSI. Inside the Keezer I have a 4 way splitter with secondary pressure regulators. One of the regulators I have set to 35 psi and use it to carbonate water and force carb new beers. The other 3 regulators are at various PSI for beers. I would probably only have a single valve splitter/regulator inside if I had not gotten a deal with someone on this forum that had a 4 secondary regulators in one. With one thing of carbonated water it is all we need when not drinking beer. I just take highly carbonated water and have a variety of syrups and juices to add to it. I might add a Kombucha to the keezer someday.

What I'd suggest to you is buy a 10 or 20 pound CO2 bottle(you might want a 5 pounder if you are trying to store the bottle in the fridge) and a any regulator. You will need a fridge to hold corny kegs as well as the liquid needs to be chilled to carbonate well.

Later when you want to do beer you can buy the secondary regulator to step down the pressure for beer, but now you just need a
Corny keg or two
Tank
Regulators
Fridge.
You should be able to find all the parts online or Craigslist for under $300.

A triple gauge/dual body primary regulator assembly with one body feeding an n-way manifold (n = # of soda kegs) and the other body feeding beer kegs (with a splitter or another manifold) would do the job, and likely cheaper than involving secondary regulators...

Cheers!

Back