CO2 Regular acting weird

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Hog

Reaction score
Bought a single body dual gauge Taprite CO2 regulator last week and got it yesterday. I hooked it up to my tank and opened the gas valve just to see how much gas was in the tank (bought the tank used) and sprayed everything down with Star-San to check for leaks and didn't see any. The high pressure gauge was at 1000psi and the low pressure gauge was at 22psi. I let it sit like that for a couple of hours with the tank valve open. When I checked it again the low pressure gauge was down to 18psi. So I closed the tank valve and let it sit there over night. I just checked it again and was still at 18 psi. I sprayed the crap out of it again with star-San and soapy water and still no leaks. So needless to say I'm confused as to what's going on. Anybody ever see anything like this?

Right now I have the tank valve open and the regulator set to 20 psi. I will check it again in an hour or so to see if it has lost any pressure.

Looks like you were right. I moved the tank into the house and it's been holding steading at 20psi. Thanks for the help.

Back