Co2 I place of nitro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chipf

Reaction score
I was asked by a friend , who recently got a keg of nitro stout. If he could just run his CO2 on it instead of nitro. And he asked what would happen. I actually dont know I said any input

He certainly can. It would just gradually lose that nitro creaminess as more CO2 dissolves in the beer (nitro doesn’t dissolve so is used to push low-carbonated beer at high pressure).

He certainly can. It would just gradually lose that nitro creaminess as more CO2 dissolves in the beer (nitro doesn’t dissolve so is used to push low-carbonated beer at high pressure).

He could also cut off the CO2 and release pressure from the keg for any long periods when he wasn't drawing from it, then just reverse when he wanted to pour some. In other words, only have CO2 under pressure in the keg when serving.

This is far from ideal: kind of a pain, and it would start to use up lots of Co2 when the keg got low on beer, but just a thought. If your friend is really into that Nitro creaminess this would allow him to enjoy it longer.

He received a 5 gallon keg for free from someone. So he wasn't turning a gift horse down so to say lol

Thank you for info

Latest posts

Back