Co2 help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmittyisLEGEND

Reaction score
Just bought everything to put together a kegerator. I get it in a week and my beer is done in a week so it's perfect. My question is I have seen some people talk about force carbonation right hen they out it in the corny and hear that it works for people, also I have heard to just let it sit at 20 psi at around 40 degrees for a week or so. But for me biting new to the legging process and the co2 I'm not sure what I should do exactly. Any help is appreciated!

Sorry for grammar errors, typing from a phone... And if anyone has a co2 chart that'd be perfect!

Here is your carbonation table.

Find your beer temperature, pick your carbonation level (hint: many beers will be good at 2.5 volumes of CO2) and the table will lead you to the proper CO2 pressure - for both carbonation and for serving.

My advice is to set your CO2 regulator to the pressure determined from the table and leave it for two weeks...

Cheers!

20 psi for a week at low serving temps will overcarbonate most styles.

Definitely use the set it and forget it method whenever you have the time to do so. It's fool proof, and always produces perfectly carbonated beer if you do it correctly.

I use the quick carb/high PSI method when I absolutely have to have something carbed up in a day or two, but it is inconsistent at best, and hard to control. I would only recommend it in a pinch!

Back