CO2 floaties from fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwhc22

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so this last batch of beer i noticed something wierd in my secondary. when i moved the carboy to get it ready for bottling it woke the liquid up a bit and some light c02/bubblesw were rising to the surface as always... but there were small blobs of yeast cake or something coming up with the bubbles.

i never noticed this before... is it normal and i just never paid attention or could this be something weird that isn't supposed to be there?

tis already bottled and smelled good going in sooo dunno. I never really payed that much attention before and looked... i always just assume my beer is doing good.

normal. different yeasts form their sediment differently. some are very sticky...some are very light and always disturb easily.

this is a prime reason why you go by hydrometer readings, and not airlock activity or bubbles climbing up the side of the carboy...to know when a beer is 'done'.

hmmmm... i figured it was always there and just noticed this time... but id figured id ask... it had been over 3 weeks of fermentation... airlock activity was literally so slow... that i sat for over an hour one day and watched it while listening to my headphones and nothing happened.

last time i did this recipe it was the same way.

Back