CO2 drop to ~200 during burst carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjohnson29

Reaction score
Back info: This is a new 3 keg setup. I burst carbed 3 of my kegs, set the reg to 10 and have been using it with no problem for a few weeks...pressure holding steady and gauge readinng ~500, no problems.
Tonight I kegged another, disconnected one of the kegs (it needs some time to age), hooked up the new one to burst carb at 30, but when I did, the reg dropped to just above the red... I know to "ignore" that gauge, but wondered if anyone else had similar experiences or if that new keg actually has a leak (checked but couldnt find one).

the high pressure gauge only tells you if the tank is "empty" or "not empty". it does not give you enough info for any other conclusions. normally if there is liquid CO2 left, it will read between 800-1200. if it is below that, either your gauge isnt accurate, or you are almost out of gas.

Back