CO2-2-Go adapter problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neumann

Reaction score
I've got this adapter and a 20oz CO2 tank. When I screw the tank into the adapter, CO2 just expels out of the small hole on the side of the adapter that I presume is for pressure relief. The tank screws into my old paintball marker no problem but I can't get it to work with this adapter. Has anyone had a simaler issue?

image-2976667427.jpg

Every time I had an issue like this with my paintball marker itself, it was an internal o-ring that was busted. Dunno how the adapter is set up, but that would be my guess. An o-ring within the regulator itself.

I've got this adapter and a 20oz CO2 tank. When I screw the tank into the adapter, CO2 just expels out of the small hole on the side of the adapter that I presume is for pressure relief. The tank screws into my old paintball marker no problem but I can't get it to work with this adapter. Has anyone had a simaler issue?

I know this is an old post but did you ever figure out how to get this damn thing to work..I just bought it and am having the same exact problem. I connected the regulator screwed the tank on. And the whole 20oz c02 tank pissed out the 2 side holes. New O ring on c02 tank. Tried making it tighter. All leaked out.. Just wondering if you knew what Im doing wrong

I did not. A friend of mine suggested that there was something wrong with my CO2 cylinder. It was an older one but I never tested his theory. I just retired it to a drawer with all my other less used brew hardware. Let me know if you are able to get it working...

You have to turn the CO2 valve completely off before attaching the tank. Once the tank is screwed on then open the valve.

I did not. A friend of mine suggested that there was something wrong with my CO2 cylinder. It was an older one but I never tested his theory. I just retired it to a drawer with all my other less used brew hardware. Let me know if you are able to get it working...

I've been screwing with it all night might be the thread length on older tanks I'm not sure. Does not have anything to do with the valve being off as my was off and it still happened. Only way I just got it to work was to also use my paint ball remote tank hose. I screwed the threaded part to the adapter. And the adapter to the regulator. No leak. Below is a pic of the remote hose similar to the one I have. It is not an actual pic. I'll take one tomorrow ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400725711.984949.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Hello there...

I had this same problem now and saw this thread... If anybody has this problem in the future, I made it work by replacing the o-ring of the paintball tank that was pretty hard, and adding some food grade lube.

I noticed that if you tighten it too much the o-ring can rip apart and make thing even worse.

Also, when connecting to the regulator side don't forget the nylon washer. That one is pretty important... I also used teflon tape on the regulator side (on the tank side food grade lube only as mentioned above).

I hope this helps

Latest posts

Back