Club meeting educational topic: water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OpenSights

Reaction score
A former member of my club who went pro ran the educational portion of our meeting. First time meeting him. His topic was about water.

I know it’s the main ingredient and important. I wouldn’t dare use my city water, always buy ro water from my source, until I install my own. My source is consistent, I should know, I drink their water every day.

He brought his ro water, and two different samples of water for two different styles of beer. Amazing the different mouthfeel between the two. Obviously between mash and boil the characters will change.

I’m just starting to figure out grain/hop/yeast flavors and characteristics... now I’m going to be focused on water!

Does the madness ever end? LOL!

A former member of my club who went pro ran the educational portion of our meeting. First time meeting him. His topic was about water.

I know it’s the main ingredient and important. I wouldn’t dare use my city water, always buy ro water from my source, until I install my own. My source is consistent, I should know, I drink their water every day.

He brought his ro water, and two different samples of water for two different styles of beer. Amazing the different mouthfeel between the two. Obviously between mash and boil the characters will change.

I’m just starting to figure out grain/hop/yeast flavors and characteristics... now I’m going to be focused on water!

Does the madness ever end? LOL!

never i just started to get into water. once you get water down it will be gear or yest ect. part of the fun if you ask me.

Back