Cloudy Wort!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambleon

Reaction score
I've run into a bit of a problem with my last two batches. It seems that no matter how long I recirculate my mash it will not clear up. This is very strange to me because I've never had this problem since I went all grain over a year ago. I'm particularly frustrated this time because the batch boiling right now is a Kolsch and I need it brilliantly clear.

My mash tun is a ten gallon cooler with a plastic false bottom and I recirculate by taking filling up a 2 quart Pyrex cup and gently pouring it over the mash. I do this until it's clear, which until these last two batches was about four times.

Any ideas?

I've run into a bit of a problem with my last two batches. It seems that no matter how long I recirculate my mash it will not clear up. This is very strange to me because I've never had this problem since I went all grain over a year ago. I'm particularly frustrated this time because the batch boiling right now is a Kolsch and I need it brilliantly clear.

My mash tun is a ten gallon cooler with a plastic false bottom and I recirculate by taking filling up a 2 quart Pyrex cup and gently pouring it over the mash. I do this until it's clear, which until these last two batches was about four times.

Any ideas?
Take an iodine test to make sure it converted fully before sparging?

Back