cleaning posts and poppets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roryspa

Reaction score
just cleaned my first corny (ball lock). it went very well, i cleaned the posts and all. one of the poppets came out. i read that you can just pop them back in. my question is do they click into place or just set there. i put it back in but everytime i turn post over it slide out.

I put some lube on the rubber and push them back into place as best I can and really don't worry about it.

Are they really supposed to click into place or were they originally stuck due to beer glue?

Personally I believe I got the wrong poppets, but they work. :D No leaks...

My poppets are new and just kind of lay there when you go to put the posts back on. They pop into place as you tighten the posts down.

Poppets are the same for both posts.

Buford said:
They pop into place as you tighten the posts down.

Poppets are the same for both posts.

Agreed, and a little keg lube helps them stay in place...

Yep. I spent 15 minutes one night trying to reseat a poppet. Turns out I just needed to screw down the post. THe thing went right where it needed like it had directions or something.

it depends on the kind of keg. cornelius branded kegs generally (at least the most recent series) have the poppets just sit on the dip tube, and turn down the post, and it will usually seat itself.

some of my firestone and spartanbug actually have indentations for the feet to go in, and so they need to be seated in the post first. my pin locks are almost exclusively like this as well.

just check the keg, and make sure you get the right poppets!

Latest posts

Back