Cleaning out the closet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PennyBrewer

Reaction score
Ok so I was going to go to the HBS today but did not find the time and they are closed tomorrow. Having a Sunday off for the first time in months I am brewing regardless. I have 2 bags of hops in the closet. One US fuggles and one Citra. I only do 3 gallon batches so I probably could get away with only using one ounce of either but was curious has anyone tried them together?
I know citra is great as a late addition but I always equate fuggles with
English ales. Any ideas?

If you are determined to brew with those hops, use fuggles to bitter at 60 minutes and citra for late additions from 20-0.

I haven't tried that combo, but it should work fine like that.

Haha. Yea they were in the freezer. I just had two totally different hop varieties and wondered if anyone had tried that crazy combo.

I had a fantastic NB Citra combo. Not saying that Fuggle is alike at all, but hey go with the suggestion already made.
If you have enough Citra, add an oz each at 20,15 and 5 whilst just using the Fuggle for base bitterness

Back