Cleaning mash and boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody s

Reaction score
I normally clean my mash and boil with hot water and spray it off, but it is getting stained. Is there an easier more efficient way?

Thanks,
Cody

Agreed. Just fill it a little bit so you have some PBW solution to work with. No need to soak the entire thing.

What mash and boil equipment are you cleaning? Plastic, stainless, cooler, brew kettle?

Anything stainless can be scrubbed clean with soap and water, saving on expensive cleaners.

How does everyone get the remaining grains and stuff from the bottom? I always have some grain residue left over and I’m looking for an easy way to get it all out of the kettle.

It's basically a brew pot with a lift out container for grains. Similar to the robobrew or a cheap version of the grainfather.

The easiest, most efficient way is to give it a quick rinse out and quick wipe of the worst of the gunk. There may be some 'staining' and a few left over bits of stuff - it won't hurt your beer.
I'm not being lazy, just trying to save water.......

Back