Cleaning HERMS coils (how to??)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binabik

Reaction score
How do you clean your HERMs coils?

My plan was to run PBW through them (how long??) and then run Star San through it.

How do you get the liquid out of them? I was going to use compressed air, will that be enough??

Thanks

I sparge through it, so 30-60 minutes of hot water through it is enough for me. Generally the thing drains pretty well itself, but I use a shop vac in blower mode to get rid of any extra water.

I have never put any PBW or Star San through it. Although I generally do run hot water through it real quick if I haven't brewed in a while. I've never had any problems, but you never know when spiders might find a new home in there.

I sparge through it, so 30-60 minutes of hot water through it is enough for me. Generally the thing drains pretty well itself, but I use a shop vac in blower mode to get rid of any extra water.

I have never put any PBW or Star San through it. Although I generally do run hot water through it real quick if I haven't brewed in a while. I've never had any problems, but you never know when spiders might find a new home in there.

By the time the spiders have been mashed, boiled, and fermented, they shouldn't be a problem. :mug:

Latest posts

Back