Cleaning draft sytem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhm8484

Reaction score
Can I just mix some BLC and water in my corny keg and use co2 to run it through the lines, then rinse with water after wards. Instead of buying the bottle and pump and taking tap handle off and so on. I have a 10 pound co2 bottle, so that's not a issue.

yeah you can do that, I'd fill the beer line up with the solution and then let it sit for a bit. Or if you're willing to spend a few bucks just buy a pond pump and some silicone tubing. I just slide the tubing over the faucet and unhook my pin lock connector and let it run into a bucket for 20 minutes. Rinse with water and you're done. All without wasting co2

Yea that's true, I was going to let solution sit lines for a bit then start pushing it through, so you pump from bucket through faucet and have the pin lock end in the buck to cycle it through?

Pretty much, I fill a bucket with BLC/water add in my pond pump, connect tubing to the beer faucet and open it, (I use mfl connections on my setup) unhook the pin lock connector and have the line return to the bucket and then circulate for 20 minutes or so. Rinse using the same method and bucket.

Hey thanks I'll try that I saw harbor freight has bumps for 10 bucks

Pretty much, I fill a bucket with BLC/water add in my pond pump, connect tubing to the beer faucet and open it, (I use mfl connections on my setup) unhook the pin lock connector and have the line return to the bucket and then circulate for 20 minutes or so. Rinse using the same method and bucket.
Hey I got a pond pump from Harbor Freight, what size line did you need to go over your tap opening? Is it half inch?

Yeah I just used 1/2 silicone tubing. Depending on what faucets you have but I would think that would work for most.

Latest posts

Back