Cleaning brew off the walls

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Love2BrewCrew

Reaction score
The love2brew crew here just wanted to give you guys some great tips regarding scrubbing your exploded brew off the walls!

1. Sponges work well but take time.
  2. Be careful with some cleaners containing bleach; they will stain wood.
  3. The ceiling is harder to reach than it looks.
  4. Don't make the mistake of putting your fermenting brew in a carpeted room!
  5. Blow-off tubes are the way to go.

9ZJ5N.jpg

Funny enough I brewed this at my mother's house as I was there for the weekend and wanted to make a beer that would take some time.

Went with a chocolate stout. She suggested putting it in her room as it was above the basement and would be the best room to maintain the temps I needed.

4am the phone rings, and rings, and rings, I pick up. (Back at my home now, about 1.5 hours away). Turns out I have an unhappy mother who awoke to a beer shower!

You forgot

6. Fermcap is your friend...

:D

Most of us already know about numbers 1, 3, 4, and 5... I wouldn't have used bleach to try and clean this up... Simple Green can clean things really well though. Depending on your place #3 might not apply...

It should only take one event like that before you use either blow-off tubes, fermcap, or both for a while...

Was any brew harmed in the taking of that picture??

Latest posts

Back