Cleaning After Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPal75

Reaction score
I have a new all grain setup where I'm using a pump and silicone hoses for the first time to move water/wort through my kettles. My question is how those of you with a similar setup clean your equipment after brew day?

I filled my kettles with water and oxyclean and heated the water to about 120F and then turned on my pump and recirculated the cleaning solution through my mash tun and boil kettle. I then used a sponge to scrub out all the dried hop and trub. However, as my system has dead space beneath the false bottom and below my dip tube in the kettle, how do you get the last bit of cleaning solution and hop/trub bits that settle on the bottom? I ended up having to disconnect all my hoses from the kettles and do the old fashioned lift and pour to rinse out the last bit, but I'm just wondering if there is an easier/lazier way to do it (so I don't have to disconnect everything and lift/pour.

Thanks!

I usually set aside extra hot water in a large bucket and put in Sani-Clean for soaking any hoses & equipment. I also add Sani-Clean to extra water in my HLT and run through my pump and chiller.

I have a new all grain setup where I'm using a pump and silicone hoses for the first time to move water/wort through my kettles. My question is how those of you with a similar setup clean your equipment after brew day?

I filled my kettles with water and oxyclean and heated the water to about 120F and then turned on my pump and recirculated the cleaning solution through my mash tun and boil kettle. I then used a sponge to scrub out all the dried hop and trub. However, as my system has dead space beneath the false bottom and below my dip tube in the kettle, how do you get the last bit of cleaning solution and hop/trub bits that settle on the bottom? I ended up having to disconnect all my hoses from the kettles and do the old fashioned lift and pour to rinse out the last bit, but I'm just wondering if there is an easier/lazier way to do it (so I don't have to disconnect everything and lift/pour.

Thanks!

If you rinse/drain enough it'll get rid of it. But yeah, without bottom-draining vessels there isn't too great of a solution. Just tip and rinse the end.

Latest posts

Back