Classic Tunes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One that is little known is 'Hotrod Heart' John Fogherty. I won't give it to you. Go find it.

Another gem from Physical Graffiti that you would've only discovered back then because you heard Kashmir on the radio and decided to buy the whole album

Ten Years Gone

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3s9P6asA25g

This is EXACTLY how I discovered this song, and just about all the others on that album! Kashmir was great upon first listen, but then, I heard everything else on there (had it on vinyl originally) and was absolutely blown away! This song is the best of the lot.(we won't even talk about In my time of dying, that's in a whole nuther universe) Thanks for posting it!

This is EXACTLY how I discovered this song, and just about all the others on that album! Kashmir was great upon first listen, but then, I heard everything else on there (had it on vinyl originally) and was absolutely blown away! This song is the best of the lot.(we won't even talk about In my time of dying, that's in a whole nuther universe) Thanks for posting it!

Yeah, In My Time of Dying is powerful. I remember my guitar playing friend in probably the 8th grade introducing me to it.

Goofy story. My older brother who introduced me to a lot of classic rock when I was just a little tike in the late seventies asked me a while back what Robert Plant was singing at the end. He said 'It sounds like Oh my cheeses'.

BTW, some of the YT vids posted here don't work for my device. What did you share in posts #43 and 44?

:mug:

Yeah, In My Time of Dying is powerful. I remember my guitar playing friend in probably the 8th grade introducing me to it.

Goofy story. My older brother who introduced me to a lot of classic rock when I was just a little tike in the late seventies asked me a while back what Robert Plant was singing at the end. He said 'It sounds like Oh my cheeses'.

BTW, some of the YT vids posted here don't work for my device. What did you share in posts #43 and 44?

:mug:

43 was Allman Bros. seven turns. 44 Was Rush, Tom Sawyer.

Kinks- Anything from Village Green Preservation Society would work

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h2svmUcsKeg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now I'm sitting here,
Sipping at my ice cold beer,
Lazing on a sunny afternoon...
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pIKsHh3BFPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Annndddd....pretty sure I've posted this before, but it's just incredible!

Last edited by a moderator:
you may think.. classic rock was only popular bands in a certain genre during a certain period.. for that i give you music from 1978.

think outside the classic rock box. THIS is classic, too.

*vid filmed 1982, band formed and played this song many years before that

Since we already have a bunch of CCR. My first album ever. Played it until my uncle smashed it on the floor. Went to the store and bought another one. Down on the Corner was my first fav song.

you may think.. classic rock was only popular bands in a certain genre during a certain period.. for that i give you music from 1978.

think outside the classic rock box. THIS is classic, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NAPYIMMbWQ

*vid filmed 1982, band formed and played this song many years before that

Cocaine is a hell of a drug :cross:

Back