clamp to hold silicon hose?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grathan

Reaction score
I need something to hold a silicon hose in place 1/2".

I move hose coming off the pump around to 3 different spots. It's open on the end.

I have a couple clamps, but they are too forceful and pinch the hose shut which restricts flow.

Large binder clip. You can clip it to whatever then put the hose through it.

binder_clip-772946.jpg

Is this what you mean?

You know that might work if I put a permanent spacer just slightly less than 1/2" wedged in there...

Not permanent. Like the hose goes to top of mash tun to recirulate, then it gets moved to the top of the kettle to recirculate during boil/cool then, it gets moved to the carboy to pump in. ALso gets put to the side when not in use, but don't want to get too dirty and yet still leave the other end hooked to stationary pump while moving the one end around.

not sure ur gonna find one particular piece to meet all those needs, unless u add ports on ur BK and MLT and go with a camlock and barb. As far as where to put it when its not in use, ur best bet would prob be a bucket of sanitizer especially if its doing double and triple duty involving the transfer of cooled wort into ur carboy with the wort before u pitch.

I am gonna build something permanent for each spot . I'd kinda like to leave the end of the hose bare. I am using duct tape at the moment, but I have had a few mishaps and the ants are having a field day on my workbench...

grathan said:
Is this what you mean?

Yes, that is what I meant. You also might try a good old clothespin. That is what I used before I got my camlocks.

Herbie Clips work great on silicone hose to hold them onto barbs. Easy to install and remove in a moment. No need for tools.

herbie_clip_logo.jpg

Herbie Clips work great on silicone hose to hold them onto barbs. Easy to install and remove in a moment. No need for tools.

herbie_clip_logo.jpg

Neat, those kinda look like the things I coil my leads with. They come in an incredible range of sizes too. awesome. :mug:

They come off pretty easy then? wonder why they sell $18 removal tool. they do look like you could just push down the lower set of teeth and pop off the upper set.

Ahh I see, they want you to twist them off.

I need something to hold a silicon hose in place 1/2".

I move hose coming off the pump around to 3 different spots. It's open on the end.

I have a couple clamps, but they are too forceful and pinch the hose shut which restricts flow.

I am a similar predicament and was wondering if you came up with a solution. I do BIAB and recirculate through my plate chiller in the last 15 mins of the boil. I currently just feed the last couple of feet of 1/2" silicone tubing end into the boil kettle but it popped loose during the last boil giving me a scald and wasting a quart or so of wort. Messy. I need something to securely attach the hose to the kettle and then be able to easily unclip and place hose into fermentation vessel once the wort is cooled. (I recirculate during cooling also). The last bit is not difficult to secure as I feed the tube under my 1/2" barb dip tube and this creates a good whirlpool.

Would love to know what you came up with if anything

I really want to avoid drilling into my kettle. Don't want to screw it up.

That might work. Would the clamp squeeze closed the silicone tubing? Have you used these yourself for a similar application?

I ended up duct taping a hook half way up the hose that kinda hangs on the kettle with enough hose length inside the kettle that it doesn't rely too much on the hook.

Actually thinking about it. I eventually went with a diptube on the outside of the kettle. I kinda thread that in to the valve when it's time to dump, the tube is cut just above carboy height.

To recirculate I put a weldless camclock on the pot drilled in with a step bit. It went very smoothly and it's a fairly simple process.

I ended up duct taping a hook half way up the hose that kinda hangs on the kettle with enough hose length inside the kettle that it doesn't rely too much on the hook.

Actually thinking about it. I eventually went with a diptube on the outside of the kettle. I kinda thread that in to the valve when it's time to dump, the tube is cut just above carboy height.

To recirculate I put a weldless camclock on the pot drilled in with a step bit. It went very smoothly and it's a fairly simple process.

Thanks for the tips. My apologies to the OP for somewhat hijacking the thread. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
Not really visualizing this very well I'm afraid. Any pictures?

The hose goes through the keggle handle and hooks there. I don't have a picture, but when I say Hook I really just mean a wad of rigid duct tape. At first I was taping it and then later on the crumpled part became sort of a latch to hold it on top of the keggle.

The 530 product on this page is some pretty awesome duct tape.
http://itape.com/en/Products/FLATBACK-TAPE

Back