• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CL find, what is this thing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahave

Reaction score
I stumbled across this in my local CL. It is listed as a 'stainless steel cooler' - but looks more like an oversized milk jug. Does anyone recognize what this is? Any chance it could be a fermenter?

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bfs/2499091567.html

3nc3p33l15T15U35X0b7he947d42b8f54146e.jpg

I stumbled across this in my local CL. It is listed as a 'stainless steel cooler' - but looks more like an oversized milk jug. Does anyone recognize what this is? Any chance it could be a fermenter?

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bfs/2499091567.html

Looks like a milk jug to me, too. If it really is stainless steel, and smooth inside, and there's some way to vent pressure, it could be a cool fermenter.

Typos are the bane of my existence - I always make them at the worst time. The seller has a good one in the craigslist ad: " . . .do not e-mail me i do check my e-mail"

That looks like an aircraft water jug to me. That would explain the tap. Did the ad say what size it was? If it is indeed a plane water jug then its defently ss

It is a restaurant vacuum insulated beverage container. I came across a few, and darn it can not recall the manufacturer!

Aero--- Aro--- something like that.

The kind I came across had an internal seam; risky with regards to fermentation of course. However, being a food product, it is possible that it is a sanitary weld. Final last thing, the liquids intended were likely consumed withing a few hours, and not over a few days, although it would keep temp for that long.

Does look interesting. Let us know if you get it and how you use it!

It's insulated so as a fermenter I don't see the value as increasing or decreasing temp would be a problem. As a MLT maybe, because you can hold temp and not deal with warping plastic coolers.

Latest posts

Back