Cinnamon Extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not cinnamon, but I do use an organic apple concentrate from Nature's Flavors sometimes. It helps bring up the apple taste for young cider that hasn't been aged. Be warned though, it's incredibly concentrated and only 1/4 TSP per gallon is needed. Too much and you get the jolly rancher fake apple taste.

Not cinnamon, but I do use an organic apple concentrate from Nature's Flavors sometimes. It helps bring up the apple taste for young cider that hasn't been aged. Be warned though, it's incredibly concentrated and only 1/4 TSP per gallon is needed. Too much and you get the jolly rancher fake apple taste.

Thanks for the info. I might be interested in trying this.

One thing I would change on your recipe is regular de-gassing for the first week of fermentation. The "rhino fart" smell is excess sulfur being produced by stressed out yeast. I good whirl with a wine whip for a few minutes every other day should do the trick.

Back