Cider Kits for Kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illini_Brewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking into making my first batch of cider and i was considering using a Brewers Best Cider House kit. I want to be able to keg this batch of cider so that I have something in addition to my IPA on tap that's also light for the TX summer. I've looked at a couple recipes, and they seem dependent on finding the right juice/cider.

Are these cider house kits easily kegged? Or am I wasting time and money and should I be finding a different recipe to use and keg?

Thanks!

Are these cider house kits easily kegged? Or am I wasting time and money and should I be finding a different recipe to use and keg?

I do not think you are asking the right question. When you keg you dump liquid into a keg. Cider is liquid, it doesn't matter what recipe you use its still a liquid. Meaning that no recipe is easier or harder to keg.

I did one of those kits last fall and bottle carbed it with just corn sugar. Would keg just fine, maybe like 2.5 to 3 volumes

You can keg anything you want. Heck, you could keg water and have bubbly water on tap. Given that I'd say buy the best tasting cider kit and get it fermenting. Summer is already upon us!

Latest posts

Back