Cider/Cyser Gone Bad...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkrawkgeek

Reaction score
I made a cider/cyser at the beginning of April. 1 gallon. Let it sit... And well, I forgot about it in the closet. It is still sitting. Airlock still has a bit of water in it, but very low. Smells. Sour milk kind of smell. It is still on the yeast. I didn't even rack it to secondary. I am scared I messed it all up.

1# Honey
1g of apple juice
1 cup of earl grey
yeast nutrient

I think that is all... Maybe some brown sugar to bring it up to 1.100 OG.

What should I do??

Fastest way to see if it's bad is taste it. Even if it's infected, it won't kill you. Speaking of infection, does it look like there is some nasty stuff on top of it?

Naw... Nothing funky living on top. Just has a smell to it. I'll crack it open tonight and try to bottle it. It is clear as glass, which is nice tho.

Naw... Nothing funky living on top. Just has a smell to it. I'll crack it open tonight and try to bottle it. It is clear as glass, which is nice tho.

I'd Rack it into a clean jug and put another airlock on it. See if it bubbles a little more.

Latest posts

Back