Cicerone exam advice...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElJefeBrews

Reaction score
There's an exam coming up locally next month and I'm thinking of jumping on it and going for it.

A bit about where I am now... I recently graduated San Diego State's business of craft beer certification program (which was awesome and incredibly informative), I've been homebrewing for a couple years now with around 40 batches under my belt, and have read several books on brewing, beer history, food pairing, etc... basically I'm the guy that my friends go to to learn more about beer and I love talking about it to anyone that will listen and I take it as a personal challenge to convert anybody that says they don't like beer.

I really wanna go after the cicerone now. What advice can people who have passed the exam give me?

I did on December 20. It was a beast. I think I was better prepared than I thought but it was in the pretty early morning and I am NOT a morning person so I hope my brain was turned on enough. It takes about a month to get the results. Anybody else thinking of taking it?

I did on December 20. It was a beast. I think I was better prepared than I thought but it was in the pretty early morning and I am NOT a morning person so I hope my brain was turned on enough. It takes about a month to get the results. Anybody else thinking of taking it?

Hardest exam I have ever taken. It is physically draining to write for 3 hours straight over 20 pages. The mental strain is also very intense. On top of that the testing exam slaps you again after a moment of relief.

I passed with a cumulative 96 this past July.

Good luck not going insane waiting for the results.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk about stuff that shouldn't be discussed openly.

I passed!! With an 84%. So glad the wait is finally over. I'm gonna go drink some beers now

Back