Chugger Pump question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopsMan

Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up a Chugger pump and have a question regarding sparging. Should I vorlauf prior to pumping through for the larger chunks, is some husk, etc, not a big deal?

Shouldnt be a problem i use my march pump to vorlauf to get clear wort. Just recirculate it back into your mash tun slowly until it clears.

You should be fine. I use my chugger to recirc the mash and to whirl pool in the bk and I haven't had a problem even with sucking hop particles through it.

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I just didn't want to jack it up running some chunky stuff through it.

Either of you, or anyone, have it wired to a switch?

That's the beauty of a mag drive pump. If something large enough gets through and stops the impeller nothing will break it will just stop pumping until it's cleaned out.

One more question for you guys...

The pump I got has the stainless head that has the one inch center in-flow connector. I'm trying to find a stainless one inch to 1/2 inch bushing so that I can attach the pre-purchased camlock fittings, but I'm having trouble locating one. Anyone had this problem, and can they share how they worked around it?

Alright, got a hold of the guys at Tri-State, they're replacing the pump with an inline, since they aren't actually selling the center inlet pumps yet. Apparently there was a bit of a mix up. Good part is that I don't have to worry about switching stuff out on the 1/2" camlock set up I have due to the center inlet being a 1" male fitting.

Thanks for the input!

Alright, got a hold of the guys at Tri-State, they're replacing the pump with an inline, since they aren't actually selling the center inlet pumps yet. Apparently there was a bit of a mix up. Good part is that I don't have to worry about switching stuff out on the 1/2" camlock set up I have due to the center inlet being a 1" male fitting.

Thanks for the input!

HA! I had the same thing happen to me on my recent order! Glad to see they are taking care of both of us.

Back