Chugger pump fitting ID sizes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckmanco

Reaction score
Help me out here:

Looking to order the inline SS chugger pump from BobbyM's site with camlocks. My intent for this pump is to set up the jamil style whirpool chiller. From my kettle now I have:

5/8ths OD 1/2" ID hose barb from Bobby's site, connected to pushed on 1/2" high temp silicon tubing also from Bobby's site. I'm good with that end of the setup.

To continue to the pump inlet, I'm planning to go Big C camlock which should allow the silicon tubing to also push on, and then a camlock A attached to the pump. On the out, I'd go with a ball valve to camlock F and then here is where I get lost... I'd planned to go with his BL setup, but that's a 5/8ths" ID elbow - which means that now the pump inlet side is technically smaller in ID than the outlet side, albeit by a little. Is this a problem? Have I classically homebrewer over thought this one? Any help is appreciated.

Help me out here:

Looking to order the inline SS chugger pump from BobbyM's site with camlocks. My intent for this pump is to set up the jamil style whirpool chiller. From my kettle now I have:

5/8ths OD 1/2" ID hose barb from Bobby's site, connected to pushed on 1/2" high temp silicon tubing also from Bobby's site. I'm good with that end of the setup.

To continue to the pump inlet, I'm planning to go Big C camlock which should allow the silicon tubing to also push on, and then a camlock A attached to the pump. On the out, I'd go with a ball valve to camlock F and then here is where I get lost... I'd planned to go with his BL setup, but that's a 5/8ths" ID elbow - which means that now the pump inlet side is technically smaller in ID than the outlet side, albeit by a little. Is this a problem? Have I classically homebrewer over thought this one? Any help is appreciated.

Absolutely no problem.

Latest posts

Back