Chromebook brewing software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balto charlie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a Chromebook and an old laptop where I run Beersmith but feel it's days are numbered. I like the program but can't run it on Chromebook. What brewing software works nicely with Chromebook, shame as I really like Beersmith but can't justify buying a computer just for this 1 program.

Thanks

The fault is your computer, not Beersmith. It will be around for a long time. Even if it isn't updated to run on obscure platforms, the rest of us will keep using it.

I have also heard that Brad is working on a more user friendly UI.

There's a thread on the beersmith forum where a guy says how he does it.. he promised to do a step by step tutorial, but never does...

Glad someone posted this, I was considering a chromebook just last week. Would have been pissed off to find out I could run BS on it.

The Chromebook was a gift, I really like it. Shame it can't play nicely with Beersmith. It doesn't like my printer either:)

You can leave your laptop on, connected to the internet, acting as a server, and use the chrome remote desktop extension to remote into the laptop.

Thanks, I will check it out. I am no computer wiz, is it easy to use?

It is fairly easy to use. I installed it on my 70yo mother's desktop because I got tired of fixing her computer every time she fell for another malware and she loves it.

The other day she installed software then decided she didn't like it and asked me how to remove it. I told her I could be over this weekend, or she could Google "How to remove software in Ubuntu". She reported back a few hours later that it was done and easier than she thought it would be.

It is fairly easy to use. I installed it on my 70yo mother's desktop because I got tired of fixing her computer every time she fell for another malware and she loves it.

The other day she installed software then decided she didn't like it and asked me how to remove it. I told her I could be over this weekend, or she could Google "How to remove software in Ubuntu". She reported back a few hours later that it was done and easier than she thought it would be.

This makes me feel better. thanks

Brewersfriend.com works on Chromebook.

Edit: It works well on Chromebook - My cheap little Samsung made it all brew day! This was the first time I've used a brew session for realz, and I'm kinda digging it.

Screenshot 2017-05-27 at 6.51.53 AM.png

Back