Chrome Dip Tube?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowPow

Reaction score
I bought two used cornelius keg from homebrewstuff and on one of the kegs the dip tube (beer out) is really shiny. Almost look like chrome to me. Also, on some places where the dip tube have been chafed there are sharp mini "splinters".

Is that normal?

"Splinters" might be the wrong word here. More like sharp edges. If i drag my finger along the dip tube there are some small and very sharp edges.

I have fourteen ball lock kegs from various manufacturers, and none of them have dip tubes that would be confused with chromed metal, and none sport anything like "splinters" - they're all quite smooth.

You might want to check out chicompany for a replacement...

Cheers!

Yeah not sure about that. It may be polished stainless steel, but the fact that there are little imperfections in / on the tube that could house bacteria.

Allright, thanks for the answer.

A replacement would be the best solution, but I can't seem to find a dip tube locally. Shipping from US is more than twice the price of the dip tube..

Back