Chocolate Wheat Porter or Black Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutman35

Reaction score
Who cares, it's delicious!
So last fall my brother in law and I brewed in a bag a batch of beer using 12 lbs of Rahr 2 row pale, a half pound of chocolate wheat, CTZ's for bittering and finished with a bunch of legacy hops from central NY that we grew. Calling it a porter though I guess it could be a black pale ale. We finally got to sampling yesterday and WOW it is phenomenal. No real game plan going in, just using ingredients on hand. Both of us have been extract Brewers for years. Not much to add. Just wanted to post a picture and say how happy I am with the results and grateful for the wealth of information I've picked up around here! Yeast was US-05View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458595280.562432.jpg

I brewed a similar beer for a festival last summer and had the same issue with carbonation/head. Must be the midnight wheat.

This is proof that you don't need to go crazy in recipe planning. Recently I have brewed a few what ever is in the kitchen recipes and they turned out well. Your beer looks great and home grown hops... Nice work!

Latest posts

Back