Chocolate Stout Cake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtah

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yummy!!

image.jpg

What's the red filling? recipe?

It is raspberry cream cheese. Add powdered sugar to taste. Whip til fluffy. I love chocolate, but all chocolate is too much for me. I added a couple of drops of red food coloring for extra drama.
I will post recipe later. 8 oz of stout for cake yum.

I bet my Whiskely stout would go good with a hunk of that! :cross::rockin:

I made it for my brothers birthday party last night. For dinner we had smoked tri-tip, pulled pork, baked beans and more. I think we drank a little of all the beers I had bottled. My Deception Cream Stout is still fermenting, darn.

Dinner sounded beyond great! and yeah,my Whiskely stout was bottled only 5 days ago. I'm hoping that it'll be ready by Christmas. Hopefully we'll have some chocolate treats to go with it.

It is raspberry cream cheese. Add powdered sugar to taste. Whip til fluffy. I love chocolate, but all chocolate is too much for me. I added a couple of drops of red food coloring for extra drama.
I will post recipe later. 8 oz of stout for cake yum.

that's a wonderful idea. thanks... putting this in my memory banks
:ban:

My wife makes these chocolate cupcakes that uses Southern Tier's Chocolate instead of water. once they are baked/cooled, cores them out and puts in a Baily's creme filling, then ices them with a bourbon chocolate icing!

Here is the recipe with the raspberry filling. I also only use the ganache on top and sides. Dust with powdered sugar first.
1 pkg. original cream cheese
Raspberries or raspberry pie filling
Powdered sugar to taste
I also used 2 9" layers instead of 3 8" layers
bonappetit.com/recipe/chocolate-stoutcake2

Latest posts

Back