Chocolate Cherry Imperial Stout Help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyPX120

Reaction score
Just brewed up an Imperial Stout (5 gallons final volume) and I was planning on making it a chocolate cherry stout by adding the specialty ingredients to secondary.

-Does anyone have any advice on ingredients and volume?
*I already have sweet and sour organic cherry juice to add to secondary but i'm open to suggestions.

-Amount of nibs to add to a 5 gl batch to get noticeable flavor?

Just brewed up an Imperial Stout (5 gallons final volume) and I was planning on making it a chocolate cherry stout by adding the specialty ingredients to secondary.

-Does anyone have any advice on ingredients and volume?
*I already have sweet and sour organic cherry juice to add to secondary but i'm open to suggestions.

-Amount of nibs to add to a 5 gl batch to get noticeable flavor?
What dark grains did you use? Depending on that you may be able to get away with less if chocolate notes are already coming through. Usually 4-8 oz of nibs is good amount

When adding juice just know you’re going to thin it out a bit on the mouthfeel. Froze black cherry pure may offer you a more robust flavor and maintain more of the body.

Back