Chinook hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, opinion is go for it. Great for late addition or dry hop. Since it's piney/dank it pairs well with dissimilar hops like fruity / cirtus / herbal / spicy / etc.

Chinook tends to give a spicy taste. So it is up to you if you like that taste or not. There are some that do not like the spiciness of chinook. I personally don't mind it and is very good in some beers.

What would y'all think of:

Flameout - .50 chinook / 1oz citra

Or would you do .50 chinook at 10 leaving the citra

I have an IPA recipe that I recently designed based on the fruity/piney ratio idea that you're ultimately playing with.

I personally like a balanced beer that isn't too fruity and isn't too dank/piney/grassy. So if you were to add the Chinook I would personally add the citra or another "fruity" aroma/flavor hop.

Chinook late addition will give you piney flavors and aroma. Same with simcoe.

I use chinook and cascade as my late additions in my pale ale and magnum as my bittering hop. Then I dry hop with more cascade

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

looks good. could probably stand to go the full ounce on chinook. you have 3oz of late hops aside from it any they're all fruity/flowery.

Back