CHI Company problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bitterbrush

Reaction score
Anyone else have trouble with the CHI Company? I had to call 3 times to get my order correct and still they haven't shipped one of my items. 3 shipments later they still have missed one item in my order.
NO response to any of my emails. They must be going down hill with customer service..

I'm not smearing, just asking if anyone else is having this trouble with them. Maybe someone knows how to deal with them in a more productive way?

So deciding to smear them on a public website is your next option?

I think that's against the TOS of this forum.

Is this really necessary? Looked to me more like he was asking for help from the forum than purposely smearing them. Anyways, way to help out there.

Hardly a smear. The OP is reporting the facts as he knows them, which I've also encountered in the past as have many others who have posted about it. The owner previously stated issues about the email system and obviously in over a years time has done nothing about it.

As far as I know posting in the Vendor section is a no-no, posting elsewhere is just opening a dialogue with others!!!

Based on my experience, I'll ditto the good luck. You'll probably just have to write it off and find somebody else to give money to.

A very similar situation (but different vendor) occurred here a few weeks back. A member ordered something and didn't arrive, poster emailed vendor once, called it "good enough" and posted on here about this problem with this particular vendor. It became a bit of heated exchange and I felt that the poster should have at least called the company before posting here for the world to see.

In this situation, I understand that the OP did call multiple times. So what did they say? Did you talk about the item in question? What were those 3 call about? Did it really take 3 calls to sort out an order? Why?

I guess I'm looking for more information before passing judgement here.

I just placed an order with them, as well as ordering in the past. I have never emailed them. I just call them and they always have answered. No problems here. **** happens, I'm sure they will straighten it out.

I placed an order for a pair of 25L [new] Sanke kegs that I'll be using to ferment in, last night. Already have shipping info on them with an ETA...

I do agree that it's damned difficult to get a hold of the man, BUT, if you call him, and be reasonable (i.e. kind) then he does get back to you. Granted, his 15 minutes turned into about 2 hours (for the call back). BUT, he did email me the following day with an update (was checking availability with the manufacturer) as promised.

Would I use them as my default supplier for all things home brew? No. BUT, I would use them for another round of Sanke kegs. I'm actually planning on doing that in about a month or so. Or, more likely, once I've moved to a new place (fingers crossed for going into Maine) and see what I have for space to brew/ferment in.

So far, besides the LHBS, I've had solid results with Farmhouse Brewing Supply (hops, grains, oak, etc.), Rebel Brewer (grain, hardware like burner and Barley Crusher and Belgian bottle corks/cages), Williams Brewing (O2 system and another order for a precise scale, and a few other items) and a decent first round experience with Chi...

Personally, if an item is really important that I get it within a time limit, I check locally first. If it's not available, then I start pinging out to vendors and see if they have it and how much to ship it to me in time. I typically get good results with this method. Granted, there have been a time, or two, where I've needed to delay a brew day in order to get something. You only do that a few times before you plan further ahead (which I do now)...

Bottom line, IMO, it's not a matter of getting vendors to NOT mess up orders (it's going to happen) it's more a matter of how they handle those times that counts. If they make at least reasonable effort to make it good, then I'm happy. You need to keep in mind, they are all slaves to distribution channels (unless they also manufacturer, fully, what they're selling). I've had distributors say they have something in stock one minute, and I go back to place an order 15-30 minutes later, and they're all out. Sheito happens after all. :D

Thank you for all your inputs. They are valuable to us.
Please understand that along with our California warehouse, we ship directly from over 35 manufacturers and warehouses. Some level of control is lost when working with other mfgs & warehouses.

As stated above, if there is a problem, PLEASE call us directly at: 530-622-8265, from 8am to 5pm, pst.

I wish I had more time to spend on this, and other forums, but as we expand and getting our new website ready -with- flat rate shipping and free shipping options, time is fleeting.
I apologize for any delays and/or inconvenience the O.P. is having; that is not something we want our customers to have!

Matt

Good morning, I feel the duty to report that I buy products Chicompany two years ago, I live in Brazil and the goods always arrived in perfect condition and on schedule, so I think if there was a problem must have been quite dramatic so how can happen in any company, which does not compromise the seriousness of them. Daniel Varela

Back