Cherry/Lime sour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarpon87

Reaction score
Buddy is coming over tomorrow and wants to make a sour. Will be doing a kettle sour. I've never used cherries before, most likely will be using frozen, whole cherries because I don't remember seeing fresh cherries here in PR. How much cherries / lime peel should I use for a 5 gallong batch if he is looking for a cherry/lime forward flavor? Was thinking 2oz zest in boil, 2oz zest dry hop and 4lb cherries after fermentation is done, should I do more?

Recipe I have from the Lambic book by Brewers Publications calls for 10 lb of cherries in a kriek, but you may choose to dial it back if you don't want the lime to be overshadowed...

I've been doing blueberry sours . 5 gallon batches and using 6# of berries . Been working really well . Not sure about cherries as compared to blueberries but that will give you an idea

Buddy is coming over tomorrow and wants to make a sour. Will be doing a kettle sour. I've never used cherries before, most likely will be using frozen, whole cherries because I don't remember seeing fresh cherries here in PR. How much cherries / lime peel should I use for a 5 gallong batch if he is looking for a cherry/lime forward flavor? Was thinking 2oz zest in boil, 2oz zest dry hop and 4lb cherries after fermentation is done, should I do more?

Was thinking of a cherry lime sour as well. Going to do a base of a wheat. Use the sour cherry gigayeast and let her sit for months. More traditional style looking for a real sour.
Curious your recipe and how it turned out?

Latest posts

Back