Cheesecake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewernaut51

Reaction score
Saw some cream cheese extract at the store the other day and it got a cheesecake beer stuck in my head. Has anybody ever tried something like that?

Actually yeah, was thinking an abbey ale might be good. Something a little on the sweet side.

Why not give it a shot if we don't try new things it gets boring and if it sucks it's a lesson in the book like I learned never put flaked rye in a milk stout just terrible but then again I also learned in a smash I love Vienna malt without trying new things I would never have learned either of those lessons

;) I definitely plan on it. Just probing for ideas. There was an article in a recent BYO about "pastry beers" I'll have to revisit that.

Still haven't gotten around to it. Still planning on doing it. Was just looking to see if I could get a suggestion of two.

Maybe go moderately heavy on biscuit or caramel to give kind of a graham cracker crust flavor. Possibly a golden strong or "blonde" milk stout to balance the creamy mouth feel.

Berries in secondary (or more like dry-hop) to give a fruit topping character.

Back