Cheers from the Poconos, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lineman2495

Reaction score
Cheers all! Got into brewing through a friend of mine back in the 90's. With job, moving and marriage brewing fell by the wayside. In a place now - albeit limited in space with no garage or basement - where I'm getting back into brewing. I've got two 5 gal. fermenting buckets, a bottling bucket, a glass carboy - which I have yet to use since the prevailing thought these days is to forego secondary in favor of increased primary. Been thinking of adding a MLT to my inventory and going all-grain. I've been doing a bit of research and overall, all-grain is more cost effective and produces a better beer than extract. What's the best way to build a MLT that's not gonna break the bank? Any advice on grain millers? Thanks.

Chaz

Sup Poconos! Search around the site for all the details (use google and type site:homebrewtalk.com after your search terms), but the standard startup MLT seems to be the Igloo or similar cooler system. I'm still stuck in the Purgatory that is partial mashing, but I'm sure the AG brewers on this site will help you a lot with the transition. Good luck!

Thanks for the input homebrewhaha. Been watching Joe - the terpsichorian kid on youtube with his self-proclaimed caveman set-up. I think that's about what I'm going for - keepin' it simple.

Chaz

Latest posts

Back