Check my Wiring for BCS Ferm Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HungusBrews

Reaction score
I am ready to start wiring my 462 to control fermentation heating and cooling. Right now I just have one fermentor running, but will eventually add a second. My fermentor is a sanke with copper wrapped around it to circulate glycol and a heat pad for when we are in the cold months. When I add the second fermentor I will need to add two solenoid valves to the glycol line and another heat pad. The electronics will all be contained in an electrical enclosure with panel mount 5-15 and cat 5 receptacles. The controller and router will be outside of this enclosure. When I start using this for brewing control I will use a second enclosure. I know this seems like overkill, but the brew rig is halfway across the room from the fermentors.

So I am looking for a sanity check on my wiring diagram. I am going to use Cat 5 cable to send the 5v signals into the electrical box from the BCS and the Temp Probes. In the enclosure I will use 24 awg wire to connect to the SSR's. I am using Din rails to mount everything and Din mount terminal blocks. There will be common ground blocks and blocks for line just to keep everything organized.

For the 120v, I have common neutral and common ground blocks. For Line I use the blocks to wire in an E-Stop, LED lights, and Fuses.

I know that I have an extra 120v neutral block and an extra 5v ground block. Also I have ferm heat and cool plug receptacles labeled backwards. The fuses I will use are 5a. I did all this in MS Paint so it is a pain to change.

Does this wiring make sense?

BCS 462 wiring diagram fermentation_final2.jpg

Drawing is too small to see, even tried downloading and zooming in off line.

I have a similar setup. I'm using a Webcontrol board with an 8 port relay board (not SSRs). I'm still putting everything together but have all the individual compnents together and tested.

I have 4 110v outlets wired to 4 relays. One for each fermenters heat, one for glycol pump, and one reserve. Then I have 3 solenoids wired to relays, one for each fermenter and one in reserve. The last relay switches resistors that get used to fool my window a/c into thinking the temp is either 60 or 90 degrees so it will fire it up to cool the glycol tank.

Very cool. Maybe it's because I posted the jpg from my phone. I'll try from my computer. I'm very excited to put this thing to work. Having this controller is creating a monster. The potential projects are endless :)

Latest posts

Back