Cheating Method for making a Bochet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D the Catastrophist

Reaction score
I was looking for local honeys and stumbled upon Great Lakes Bee Company. One of the honey types you can get is a caramelized bakers honey. Has anyone tried using this in a mead? Does it turn out like a bochet or is it a bit milder? Either way it sounds fabulous.
Great lakes bee co

I use Bakers honey a lot. Not sure what the caramelized means though as most bakers honey is just the left overs after spinning and heating to get the honey oit of the comb.

Have had great success with it as a traditional but especially when paired with dark fruits (blackberries, currents, blueberries, plums etc ) and or Chile's.

I have done a number of bouchets as well using bakers honey and although bakers is darker and has a more intense caramel like flavor than a lot of other honeys is definately a LOT milder than a bouchet.

That's kind of what I figured but I somehow had managed to never encounter bakers honey so wasn't sure exactly what I'd be getting into.

Back