Cheap source of new bottles in bulk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreddyMar3

Reaction score
Hoping the fine members of HBT can help me with this question…

I am getting married in July and will be brewing all of the beer for the wedding. We will be giving away bottles of beer as the favor too. I am planning on brewing 60 gallons (40 done so far) but the problem is I have to bottle ALL of it. The venue will not be able to accommodate kegs.

As it stands, I have 6 full kegs that are conditioning/carbing and will be ready to go with my bottling gun soon.

I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on a cheap way to acquire about 600 bottles. I don’t have time to de-label commercial bottles. Any ideas of where I can find a case of clean unlabeled 12 ouncers for less than $9 per? Preferably new bottles.

Or is that just not going to happen?

Thanks in advance.

Craigslist is your best bet. I practically gave away 6 cases of clean bottles without labels. Used at least 2-3 times, but they were all in perfect condition. The cost was under $30 for the guy, I assure you I spent much much more than that to get them all.

Yea, CL will probably be my best bet. My LHBS does 15% discount for bulk but you have to buy a pallet (108 cases). At that, I'd have to become a bottle vendor.

Back